Volunteer Registrations are open for
LIGHTFORCE RALLY SA – SEPTEMBER 15th, 16th and 17th 2017 just 60 days away……You can register at http://rallyofsa.com.au/register-as-a-volunteer/
This event is our “traditional” one, and is the SA round of the Australian Rally Championship. It is also a SARC round, a Clubman Rally and an Intro Rally.
The rally is 190 competitive kms event (150 km for SARC, 90 km for Clubman, 50 km for Intro) based in Mount Crawford Forestry HQ area, and will feature all the popular council road stages, with a seriously interesting twist around locations. We are running it for the 17th consecutive time
The event will run on 2 days only, Saturday afternoon for the Nationals and Intro, and Saturday night and Sunday, the SARC round, will be for all entrants. Included on Sunday is the Clubman event
We have a settled schedule, and the course is finalised. Council, Police and Forestry approvals, are all in hand
- Lightforce continues as naming rights sponsor, along with Eblen Subaru and Shannons as platform sponsors
- Fairfax Press is a new major sponsor, ensuring saturation coverage via their website, and the Barossa Press
- Intro Rally will run on Saturday, following on straight after the Nationals
- There will be a Clubman section, run on Sunday.
- “Open” recce arrangements continue as applicable, with a total of 15 hours available for the two weeks before the event. This is still unique to Lightforce Rally SA, dynamic and flexible.
- All activities will be centred in Mt Crawford, including ceremonial start, podium, service park etc
- There is a good balance/mix of council and forestry roads, just about 50/50
- Pre-event testing will be available at WACC Walky Park at Sedan
- Scrutiny, as required, will be at CMI Toyota in the City for the 14th time
- Frank Kelly, the Irish star, will run as an international entry – this is confirmed – and negotiations under way with others from NZ
- We will be making a feature of the media day on the Saturday morning – and have confirmed interest in hand from high profile ridees to make it more worthwhile
Thank you BBQ
This will be held at the end of the event, at 5.30pm approx., on Sunday September 17th, at the Williamstown Institute Hall, catered by the Williamstown CFS.
The event podium will kick off proceedings at Forestry HQ where you will be able to mix with competitors and other officials
Much more of this later, but please note the date and time – and be there!
Trevor and Ros Fisher – long-time stalwarts of SA Rallying, and long-time senior officials of Lightforce Rally SA, are getting a Stage Crew together from SA to work at Kennards Rally Australia in November with Ros as Stage Commander.
So if there is any South Australian official going over for Kennards Rally Australia to officiate or spectate who would like to get up close to the cars on stage, give Ros a call on 0401 132 431 or email email@example.com
They would love to have you in the team.
Imagine being up close and personal with World Rally Teams and their cars – how good would that be?
If you can participate, contact Ros now
Officials’ registrations are coming in steadily, which is great – already well over 100 Still we need over 300 to make it all work. So get those registrations in – some great prizes coming up….from HEMA MAPS and others. It is important to register no matter what you are doing in the event, as registration triggers insurance, and keeps our participation records up to date
You can register at http://rallyofsa.com.au/register-as-a-volunteer/
Already registered?? Then get a friend or two or three involved.
These will be the best road closure spectator points etc ever, see the competitors many times, on great roads
See Frank Kelly and the stars of Australian and South Australian Rallying at your very own personal spectator point
Lightforce Rally SA – 15-17 September 2017 / Round 4 of the CAMS Australian Rally Championship ® / Round 4 of the MRF South Australian Rally Championship / RallySafe Introductory and Clubman Rally